QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that joins a range of accounting processes into one user-friendly system. QuickBooks is perfect choice for any medium and small sized organizations and gives on-premises bookkeeping applications as well as cloud-based versions that acknowledges business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. QuickBooks software is a distinguished software to support and provide assistance to all small and medium-sized corporations running their business effortlessly and painlessly.
What Causes QuickBooks Error -6000 -77?
Sometimes the QuickBooks stops working and gives you following error: QuickBooks error -6000 -77.Error Code -6000, -77 is an error that can occur when attempting to open a company file.
- The company file is located on an external storage device instead of on the network or local drive.
- The folder in which the company file is located have incorrect folder permissions.
- When running QuickBooks in multi-user mode, Bitdefender security software is blocking communication.
- When QuickBooks attempts to open company file by referencing a mapped drive.
Because of this QuickBooks file becomes corrupted or gets damaged. Mostly this can be solved by restarting the device but restarting doesn’t solve this error than look below solutions.
Ways to fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -77
Now take a look on some of the solutions you can try to fix this error.
◢Re-launching QuickBooks desktop
To resolve this issue,try relaunching QuickBooks with permissions. You can do this by running it as an administrator by clicking the option Run as Administrator. If the company file is saved on an external drive than you can copy the company file name locally.
◢ Download QuickBooks File Doctor
You can simply download File Doctor to diagnose and the fix the error instantly.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor and run the QBFD.exe file.
- If any previous version is installed on your system uninstall it before installing new version.
- Install it like you install any other program on your windows.
- .Net Framework should be installed on your system in order to run File Doctor but if you don’t have it File Doctor will download it automatically.
- After Installing File Doctor, Open the app and browse your company file on your PC that you want to repair.
- Click Diagnose File
- When prompted login with your username and password.
- Wait for several minutes till Diagnosis process is completed.
- After QuickBooks File Doctor complete repair and diagnosis:
- Close File Doctor.
- Try to open your file again to see if the issue is resolved.
◢Rename .ND and .TLG files
Damages. ND or .TLG files can cause errors when running the QuickBooks desktop. These extensions help in configuration of files that allow QuickBooks access to company files in multi-user mode or in your network. So you have to rewrite the extension of .ND and .TLG. there won’t be any data loss after renaming these files. They are automatically reproduced if you scan your company files using the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Go the folder where you company file is located in your computer
Default Location: C: \ Users \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuition \ QuickBooks \ Company Files
- There you have to search the company file with the same name but with the .ND and .TLG extension. e.g.: company_file.qbw.ND, company_file.qbw.TLG
- Now select the file and right click it and rename the .nd / .tlg file and wrote the word “.old” in the last part of the file extension and press enter. Your file should look something like this: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old
◢Re-create damaged folder
- Create a new folder on your drive C:\Newfolder.
- Open the folder where company file is saved.
- Locate .QBW file. Which may look like company_file.qbw.
- Right click on the file and copy it.
- Open the new folder on C drive and paste the file.
- Set windows access permission to share the company file.
- Open the file from the new location in QuickBooks Desktop.
◢Copy the QuickBooks file on desktop
Copy the file on the desktop and then open it to test if there is a problem with the location of the company file. There are two possible things. Either the file will open in a new location meaning there is a problem with the previous location maybe its damaged or too deep that it exceeded the file path system limitations or if the file doesn’t open with new location meaning the file is damaged itself.
- Select the folder that contains your company file.
- Click on the file with.QBW extension.
- By right clicking on the fileCopy the file.
- Go to desktop, right click on the desktop and paste the file.
- Open the QuickBooks while holding the control key, so you are redirected to the No company open window.
- Open an existing company or click Restore.
- Navigate to the desktop and find the company file you copied and open.
◢Use UNC path instead of the mapped drive
- Open QuickBooks from desktop by right clicking on the QB icon and selecting the Run as Administrator option while holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Holding down the Ctrl key will prevent the QuickBooks Desktop from auto opening a company file so that’s why keep on holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Windows is opened.
- Now from the File menu select the Open or Restore Company and Open a company file and then click on Next.
- Click the Network on the left pane and navigate the location of your company file. You may need you set folder permissions to do this.
- Now select the company file and click Open.
Following the above-mentioned solutions for QuickBooks, users will be able to fix Error -6000 -77 when you open a company file. However, if after following these steps the error is still not resolved you need to contact QuickBooks support team by calling the toll-free number. QuickBooks support team which is very expertise in fixing any QuickBooks error is always available to assist you and help you if you need any expert help.