QuickBooks is a one user-friendly solution that combines a variety of businesses processes in one place and provide all of these solutions in an integrated environment. QuickBooks is one of the fastest growing software for small and medium sized business and offer in-house and desktop based accounting solutions and Intuit in increasing the range of its products with the features in QuickBooks Desktop and as well as cloud-based versions that accept business and manage business payments and enable a user to pay bills, and employees in just few clicks. QuickBooks software is a great software to assist small and medium sized business running their business smoothly and hassle free.
Today we will talk about QuickBooks Error 1303. You may face this error while installing QuickBooks. This happens because the installer has insufficient authority to access the directory, like a path to the directory. If you wish you can follow the steps given here to correct this error or you can always get help from QuickBooks Expert Team which is always available and just a call away.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 1303:
Let’s take a look at the reasons why user may face this error. This happens when the System group don’t have full or sufficient control privileges for the given directory given in the error.
How to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1303?
For changing authority settings for the ‘System’ and ‘Everyone’ group there are two possible ways that you can try.
- Restore Windows default settings by running a utility that has been created to reset System groups and all group permissions settings to default.
- Change the permissions manually for the system in full control and folder C:\Documents and Settings\ All Group for All Users.
Running the utility:
You can run a utility which has been created to reset system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings.
- Download the batch file that Intuit provides called Permissions Fix.bat.
- Save it on the desktop of the affected system.
- After downloading double click on thefile, DOS window on desktop screen will open.
- Type “y” at prompt, this script will reset the permissions of the affected folders to the default settings.
- Type “y” when asked that are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)
- Also make sure that you are typing ‘y’ in lowercase because you will return to an error if you type ‘Y’ in uppercase
- After running the file press any key to exit DOS windows.
- Try to install QuickBooks again by inserting QuickBooks CD after doing all the above steps.
Manually Adjusting Permission:
For Microsoft Window Vista
Follow these steps to manually change permissions to Full Control for the SYSTEM and Everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
- First step is to click on the Start button.
- Then write this path ‘C:\ProgramData\COMMONFILES\’ in the search field and then select OK.
- This action will open a window displaying the contents of the folder.
- Then, in the Folder window,select Organize, followed by Properties.
- When the Properties window opens,select the Security tab.
- Press the Advanced button.
- Now, select the Edit button and select it again on the next screen that appears.
- Then go to the Permission entries list and double-click on the System user’
- Now look for the checkbox for FullControl row in the Allow column, check it and select OK.
- These steps should be repeated for each group if it exists.
- Next select the box titled Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Now click OK in the Advanced Security Settings and COMMON FILES properties windows.
- After doing this install QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks still can’t be installed and the error 1303 occurs again, try these steps given below to turn off settings for simple file sharing:
- First right-click on the Start button and then choose Explore.
- When the Explorer windows will open, choose Tool menu and select Folder option.
- Next select the View tab and goto the bottom of the Advanced Settings list.
- Now uncheck the option Use simple file sharing(recommended) for clearing the box.
- After doing this select OK option and try to install QuickBooks again.
By following the steps above, you should be able to fix this error. But after following every step discussed here issuestill prevails or you need more information on this issue you can always call QuickBooks support phone number Team at their toll free number for 24/7 available expert assistance across the world.