Every software maker tries to offer a flawless tool to the users. However, still, many users report the minor issues that they face while running the software systems. We can say the same thing in case of QuickBooks also. Intuit wants to present the most functional application to its users. But, many corporate users have found out the errors in it. Though there is a technical team to solve software issues, you can try to do it with your own effort.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6190
QuickBooks error 6190 is one such common issue that may appear while opening a file. The software may not be able to open the stated file path, and it reveals the error message. You can face it, while using Linux computer server and QB multi-user mode. Perhaps, .qbw company file does not go with your transaction log, and it has led to the error. If you have updated the business file, which does not have the right transaction logging file, then you can face the problem. One of the easiest solutions for you is to find out that mismatched file and then remove it. The software will create it automatically after the startup process.
With the use of QuickBooks File Doctor, you may solve the error 6190.
- First of all, you have to download the application and then install it.
- Get into the software interface
- Your will find two major options- One of them is for Network connectivity and file damage, while the other one is only for the network connection.
- You have to choose Network connectivity option because this will find out your corrupted files for the solution of the problem.
- You need to enter a password
- Then, find out if your business file or data is present on the web or on your PC
- Hit the button- Yes, while the file is on Web
- Then, click on the option Proceed.
You can find out your corrupted file and then repair it instantly. Still, if the error message comes up on the screen, you may check out your computer and rename your files with no issue of losing data. For the renaming process, you have to consider these steps-
- Click on the right folder that holds your business file
- Then, find out the file for transaction log. This business file and transaction logging file do not have different name. However, their extensions are different.
- Hit the option- Rename and then give right-click on it. Enter a name without deleting the extension.
- You need to rename your log file as well.
- Leave the software interface
- Open QB for accessing your file
Other Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6190
- You have to install QB Database Manager on your server that is storing your business file. There is no need of additional user license for downloading this tool. Restart this server after you have done the installation.
- If the file is present is removable network drive, the error can come up. This device may not be able to run your Database Manager, and thus, your data can get damaged.
So, try out these steps for the solution of your software error. Or, you need to have technical assistance from the team at Intuit.