QuickBooks has become one of the popular software programs, used to reduce the intricacy of your everyday financial chores. Just after the software has been introduced in the market, most of the company owners have realized its importance, and tried to get unparalleled benefits from this software. However, though QuickBooks offers online help to customers, there are many issues, which cause much hassle to the users. One such common issue is the error message H202. This error may occur while you are trying to use a file by activating the multi-user option.
We have found out the error symptoms, experienced by most of the users-
- Appearance of the message and then the crash of window
- Frequent collapse of the computer while operating a program
- Slow running of Windows
- Periodical freezing of your PC
Factors causing H202 error to QuickBooks users–
The potential causes behind the error H202 are-
- QuickBooks- Not installed rightly
- Distortion in the registry of Windows because of installing or uninstalling the software
- Infection with malware
- A different program has removed your deleted QuickBooks files
Now, we have presented simple steps for solving your QuickBooks software error H202-
Fixing the entries of Windows registry-
If you are not professional, it is better to avoid editing this registry manually. Any mistake in the registry can cause a malfunctioning of the computer.
However, for experts, we like to describe the process-
- After clicking on Start button, write the word- Command
- Press Ctrl and Shift keys and you may get a message
- In the black colored box, you have to write regedit. Press ENTER.
- Choose Error message H202 key from Editor
- Select Export option from File
- Save file with the extension- .reg
Run a malware scanning process in the computer-
QuickBooks error H202 may be associated with malware, present in your computer. This malware deletes or corrupts Runtime Errors files. You may download an antivirus software program.
Remove junk files and clean the disk-
The junk or unnecessary files may cause slow response of your QuickBooks app. To solve the issue of overloaded drive or junk folders, you need to install an effective tool that cleans all programs, including Chrome, Ms Office and Firefox. The common steps for cleaning disks are explained here-
- Write Common after hitting Start button
- Then hold CTRL and Shift to get a small box
- Enter cleanmgr
- The tool will start determining the space, covered in the disk
- You can see that Temporary folders consume much space
- Click on the checkbox for cleaning them
Uninstall QuickBooks program for reinstalling it
When the error H202 is caused due to any computer program, you have to re-install the software- QuickBooks.
- Go to your Start button and then Control Panel
- Choose Programs and find out QuickBooks H202 error message-related software program
- Hit the entry related to QuickBooks app
- Then click on the option- Uninstall
- Your computer screen will give you a guide for uninstalling the relevant program
After carrying out these processes, you need to reinstall the software.
So, these are some tips that you can try out to solve QuickBooks H202 error. You may also call customer assistance team of QuickBooks to know about different other solutions.