Quickbooks is the leading as well as most preferred accounting software for all the small and medium-sized businesses. The software has unraveled the business accounting whilst accelerating the growth of the business industry.
As this being a universal fact that software and errors go simultaneously hand in hand. In a similar way, QuickBooks also encounters errors because of which the user is restricted to access the company files. There can be a number of reasons why QuickBooks file may not open.
Because of the following reasons, QuickBooks is unable to access the company file:
- any sort of damage to the hard drive, USB drive, where the company file must be stored.
- Can also be because of the reports or transaction templates that might have stayed open inside the file.
- Due to the older version of QuickBooks.
- Issues with the location of the company file such as access permissions, problems with the name of the file and file extension, or a conflicting *QBW.tlg file.
Sometimes renaming the Quickbooks company file can do wonders by solving the issue instantly. When Quickbooks denies you to access the company file you may come across error messages along with error codes such as the -6000 series, the HXXX series, C= errors (such as C=343 or C=422), number of quickbooks unrecoverable error and so many more.
These errors can create big problems further along if not resolves immediately. So it is advised to approach the QuickBooks Support Team for fetching you with appropriate resolution for the errors.
Intuit has suggested various solutions that can be useful in resolving the error and regaining access to the QuickBooks company file.
Open the company file directly from QuickBooks,
- Go to the QuickBooks file menu option
- Choose either open or restore the company file
- Select the right button for the file kind you need to open
- Look for the location of the file
- Choose file > click open
- On being prompted choose the restore destination of the file just in case you are opening a .QBX, .QBB or .QBM fileSolution
II: Stop QuickBooks from opening any other windows automatically
- choose company file by going to the no company open window
- press on ALT key > click on open
In case of the company file opens successfully without any hassle/error, follow the steps mentioned below:
- click on edit menu
- click on preferences
- select the desktop view
- choose to not save the desktop
- click OK
There are other solutions as well that include:rename the .TLG & .ND files
- copy the company file to a brand new location
- verify the properties and file extension
- again rename the company file
- resolve the QuickBooks installation
Technical Help Support for QuickBooks Company File Not Responding
For more inquiries or details on the resolution methods for this or any other errors, you can contact QuickBooks Support Number. The QB team can be contacted through various modes via phone call, email support, and also live chat.